“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12:18
Quotes on Forgiving Others:
- “Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head.”
- “To be a Christian is to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.”
- "Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
- “To forgive is to set someone free and then find out it's you.”
- “Forgiveness isn’t trust. Forgive instantly and freely to stop bitterness which hurts you. But trust must be EARNED over time.”
- “I'll never have to forgive anyone more than God has forgiven me.”
Quotes on Forgiving Yourself:
- "If God forgives us we must forgive ourselves otherwise its like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than Him."
- “Refusing to forgive yourself for what God's forgiven insults Jesus, implying what He did on the Cross wasn’t enough for you.”
Which quote is your favorite? Do you have any others you would want to add?